Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Graduation


We recently had a student graduate from our program. It was the first real graduation of any kid who I actually worked with and had a relationship with. This particular kid had a bet with one of our staff that he could go a whole day "as a Mormon" as they say. According to the bet this meant that he couldn't swear or drink coffee on that day. The loser of said bet would wear a skirt for a day.

Well let it be said we had a really polite student that day who obligated a staff member to don cross-gender attire. The staff member however repeatedly "forgot" to bring a skirt to the island. So, as a last ditch guarantee of seeing my student receive satisfaction my graduation gift to him was the skirt you see in the picture. I wanted to get a worse one but it was kind of hard to find exotic skirts in men's sizes for three dollars or less. Ungrateful that I didn't pick out a miniskirt, he still threatens vengeance for my foul deed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he has nice ankles.

Holy Mother Eph said...

That skirt is not bad at all. It kind of looks like one that might be worn by men in the Pacific islands. Nothing to be ashamed of there. A miniskirt would be quite punishing, I agree. I also think something from a ballroom genre could create a spectacle. Shiny...silky...form-fitting, blossoming into a big fluff of lace at the bottom...fabulous! Except it just wouldn't look right without heels.